In a condo, space is often at a premium, so the living room usually has to serve multiple purposes. Many Malaysians use it as a space for work or study, as well as for relaxation and socialising. Practicality aside, the living room is the first room that visitors see when they enter a condo home. As such, it’s important for the living room to have an aesthetically pleasing and welcoming design.Here are some condo living room design ideas to consider:
1. Create a focal point: Go for a main piece of furniture or artwork that will be the centrepiece of the room. This could be a majestic TV wall, a stunning sofa, statement artwork, or an eye-catching rug.
2. Use colours: Decide on a colour palette for the room, and choose furniture, decor, and accessories that complement those colours. You can start with a neutral scheme and enhance the space with pops of colours.
3. Maximise natural light: If your condo has large windows, make the most of them by letting in as much natural light as possible. Opt for light, sheer window treatments to maximise the view and natural light.
4. Optimise space: If your condo living room is small, get furniture that is multi-functional, such as a sofa bed or an ottoman with storage. You can also create a cosy nook as an adhoc workspace. This will help you make full use of the space and keep clutter to a minimum.
5. Add texture: Layering different textures can add depth and interest to a room. Try incorporating throw pillows and rugs in different accent colours or materials. A variety of upholstery fabrics can also generate a sense of personal style in a space.
6. Incorporate greenery: Adding plants to your living room can bring life to the space and infuse a natural vibe. Consider low-maintenance plants such as snake plants, succulents, or pothos.
7. Create a gallery wall: A gallery wall can be a great way to display artwork or family photos. Choose a mix of frames in different sizes and colours, and arrange them in a cohesive manner. It doesn’t have to a large scale composition if you don’t to visually clutter the wall. Do ensure the arrangement feels right and balanced.
8. Lighting: Add different types of lighting such as table lamps, floor lamps, and accent lighting to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
9. Don’t forget the details: Finishing touches such as decorative trays, your favourite tabletop decor and books can effectively turn your living room into a cosy and welcoming space you’d love coming home to!