As a pioneer in the particleboard manufacturing industry in Malaysia, MIECO’s up-to-trend designs and environmentally friendly stance make it a preferred choice for top designers from both Asia and Europe. In 2022, MIECO launches MIECO HPL, their exquisite range of MIECO High Pressure Laminates that gives customers various design options.
Incorporated in 1972, MIECO Chipboard Berhad commissioned its first production line in 1976, making it the pioneer in particleboard manufacturing in Malaysia. Today, MIECO has a total annual production capacity of over 1,000,000 m3 per annum with multiple manufacturing plants across locations in Pahang and Negeri Sembilan.
MIECO’s core business is in the manufacturing and distribution of particle boards with a primary focus on particle chipboards, melamine-faced chipboards (“MFC”), and medium-density fibreboards (“MDF”). MIECO emphasises on dynamic innovation and creating value in all its products and services. Through the commitment to continuous improvement, MIECO has developed and expanded into value-added products, investing in state-of-the-art technology to produce MIECO Melamine Faced Chipboard, “MIECO MFC”.
In terms of quality certifications, MIECO had the most extensive particleboard line in the Asia Pacific region when it started its operations. Over the years, the brand has managed to secure the following qualifications:
- ISO 9001: 2000 Quality Management System, successfully transitioned to the latest version, ISO 9001: 2015.
- International quality standards, such as the European Community’s BS EN 312 standard, applicable to both moisture-resistant and non-moisture-resistant boards with E1 and E2 formaldehyde emissions.
- A significant number of Ecolabels that meet US EPA, European and Japanese Industrial Standards through commercialising the production of low formaldehyde emission board grading, EC, E0 and Super E0, or referred to as F-4-star grade in Japan.
- The prestigious ISO 14001:1996 Environmental Management System, successfully upgraded to the latest transition requirement ISO 14001:2015.
- The certification for the Occupational Health and Safety Management System 18001: 1999 and migrated to ISO 45001: 2018.
MIECO’s products have seen significant expansion since its inception. In 2020, MIECO MFC presented an extensive collection with themes ranging from classic wood décor to modern industrial designs, luxurious stones and marbles print, urban living prints and minimalist fabric prints ideal for applications in the bedroom, living room, kitchen, office furniture and dining, etc. In addition, MIECO Strips, matching PVC edge banding and MIECO Inn, a range of affordable MFC for carcasses use were introduced.
Following this, MIECO’s exceptional High Pressure Laminates, MIECO HPL was launched in 2022 to further provide customers with effortless material combinations, enabling more possibilities in creations. High Pressure Laminates (HPL) is a renovation product made of many layers of resin-impregnated craft paper, printed decorative paper, and a clear overlay saturated and pressed into a sheet under high pressure and temperature without any substrate. These products are used as core materials for home renovations and office furniture. MIECO HPL collection is available in 64 colours that match MIECO MFC to enable a broader range of looks and endless possibilities of creation.
Find out more about MIECO via their website www.mieco.com.my. You can also check out MIECO’s latest HPL series at the CreativeHome Anniversary Carnival!