Creative Economy Agency (Public Organization) or CEA, together with Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, government and private agencies, educational institutes, international organization, and the network of creative business districts, would like to invite everyone to experience the world-class creative festival “Bangkok Design Week 2023 (BKKDW2023)”, which will be organized for 9 days in 9 creative business districts under the theme “urban’NICE’zation (A Nice City)”.
Bangkok Design Week is such an important event that it has been added to the event calendar of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. In addition, the festival is regarded as a factor not only to boost the creative economy in Bangkok but also to promote Bangkok itself to be more outstanding after listed as Bangkok City of Design in UNESCO Creative City Network.
This year, the theme “urban’NICE’zation (A Nice City) will see the event provide economic opportunities, revitalize the city’s atmosphere so that it can embrace and accommodate the so-called ‘nice friends’ of all dimensions (environment, travel, cultures, businesses, communities, and all other diversities), and turn the 5 new areas into creative business districts.
The business districts in this festival include:
1) Charoen Krung – Talad Noi
2) Sam Yan – Siam
4) Phra Nakhon / Pak Khlong Talat / Nang Loeng;
and the new business districts, i.e.,
6) Wong Wian Yai – Talat Phlu / Khlong San
8) Phrom Phong
9) Kaset Nawamin, and other areas.
Check out the key highlights of Bangkok Design Week across the 9 districts here: https://creativehomex.com/bangkok-design-week-pre-event-01/
In addition, this event will welcome the opening of the city in 2023, in anticipation of more than 100,000 domestic and foreign tourists with an economic value of at least 200 million baht throughout the period of this festival.
The event covers the area of 9 creative business districts with more than 530 programs categorized into the four main formats as follows:
1. Showcase & Exhibition: The works produced by creators are showcased in order to present the ideas that can be applied to solve problems and improve the quality of life
2. Talk & Workshop: It is aimed to provide knowledge and new ideas from the specialized creators both in and out of the country.
3. Creative Market & Promotion: The 6 creative flea markets shall be opened across Bangkok with more than 80 brands available therein.
4. Event & Program: This focuses on the activities that can create nice atmosphere in the city. The activities will be held in different forms such as music performances, film screenings, performing arts, lighting techniques on architecture, and Open House of the people in the areas involved in this festival.
It is expected that all of these activities will help awaken creativity and inspiration that can encourage the residents of the city to make Bangkok a better city for everyone!
Let’s turn Bangkok into “A Nice City” for everyone in #BKKDW2023. For more information, please visit www.bangkokdesignweek.com, FB and IG: bangkokdesignweek, Twitter: @BKKDesignWeek, Line: @bangkokdesignweek
#BKKDW2023 #BangkokDesignWeek #urbanNICEzation